We are working with a growing financial planning firm in the South West looking to bring on an Operations Manager to head up their clients services department.
Your role as Operations Manager supports Chief Operating Officer with the day to day running of the business and will collaborate with the leadership team to drive technology, client servicing & operational efficiency's. You will focus on driving new initiatives and operational change to improve the controls and reduce risks for key activities conducted within the business.
You will be supporting a team of 3/4 head of departments with around 40 members within the client services department.
Although this is a remote based role, there will be expectations for you to visit the offices to meet the team, provide support and training where needed.
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Refine processes to streamline the communication, visibility and completion of tasks by the teams to a high quality
- Continuously ensure team processes are lean, agile and cost effective and make changes accordingly
- Manage the implementation of the roll-out of any new systems or processes across the business, working in partnership with the COO
- Develop a strong culture of ownership and accountability for processes and procedures
- Work with the managers to help them identify and implement the agreed changes to processes in order to increase operational efficiency and improve service to clients and advisers
- Report to the COO on the proposed processes and delivery of projects or operational change
- Ensure the business has the relevant controls in place to maintain the quality of the data held for clients to provide a first class client experience through future delivery tools
- Manage and oversee potential acquisitions ensuring a smooth transition and integration
- Identify and report any risks, breaches or errors and ensure that risks are minimised through mitigating actions and controls
- Produce analysis and reports on wider business performance
- Ensure that new employees have a full induction to the business covering the group strategy and the culture we are creating
- Provide operational support to the running of the business, to include completion of Professional indemnity renewals
- Ensure the company policies are up to date with current laws and regulations
- To follow Company and FCA procedures at all times
- To supervise and manage work-flow between the support team managers to ensure turnaround times are met and consistent across the group
- Attend half yearly & annual appraisals of the client support team
- Conduct half yearly & annual appraisals for the client support management team
- Ensure client support team deliver their training & competence plans
There are a range of benefits included with this role such as:
- Discretionary bonus - 15% of basic salary
- 25 days holiday + Bank holiday
- 6% Pension contribution
- x4 DIS
- Flexible benefits such as Maternity/Paternity vouchers, purchasing extra holiday etc.
It is important that you have worked within a management/supervisory position within a financial planning firm and have experience of mergers and acquisitions.
For more information on this opportunity and company please click apply!