Position – General Ledger Accountant
Location – Telford
Sector – Financial Services
Salary - £24,000 plus pension and benefits
My client is currently seeking an experienced General Ledger Accountant to join their team in Telford. The General Ledger Accountant will be joining a multinational firm who specialises within the financial services sector.
The General Ledger Accountant will play an integral role improving the financial results and facilitate any required changes and improvements across the finance department.
The General Ledger Accountant will be responsible for managing a large number of reconciliations, journal and manual payments.
* Application of commercial and financial knowledge to deliver results to the Finance managers and relevant business functions
* Uphold the accuracy, integrity and quality of the assets, liabilities and P&L data being reported
* Ensure departmental deliverables are produced accurately, timely and of requisite quality through appropriate co-ordination and planning of resources
* Responsible for embedding a culture of financial and commercial challenge within and across the department
* Understand the Risk and Control framework that operates applying finance knowledge and challenge to ensure tactical risks are identified, measured against standards, and escalated appropriately
* Develop effective relationships with key internal and external contacts and be seen as a subject matter expert, and support for all other roles within the team
* Communicates effectively, including written and oral presentation, engaging customers and stakeholders as appropriate to role
* Demonstrates good organisational skills, with an analytical and methodical approach to work
* Ability to work very well in a team or independently, consulting and co-ordinating others appropriately in the wider function and business
* Strong analytical skills
Knowledge and Experience
* Strong experience working within a finance department
* Experience of working within a regulatory environment
* Experience in implementation of new financial systems and/or processes
Please visit the IDEX Consulting Ltd website for further opportunities. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail within 2 working days of receiving your application. If your application is unsuccessful, the information supplied may still be retained for use in connection with future vacancies. Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources, should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.