Senior Financial Planner
£40,000 - £70,000k
A leading UK merchant banking group providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services, and securities trading.
The Banking division provides lending to small businesses and individuals, with an emphasis on specialist finance. We also offer deposit taking services to UK businesses and individuals.
In Securities, we provide trading services in the UK through Winterflood, a leading market-maker.
The Client provides a range of financial advice, investment management and on-line investing services, helping clients to secure their financial future.
Established in 1878, we believe our traditional merchant banking values, based on service and integrity, continue to be relevant today. We define our approach to business as ‘modern merchant banking’ - values that are embedded in our culture and that underpin everything we do.
Employing over 2,700 people, principally in the UK. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and are a member of the FTSE 250.
Job Summary & Key Responsibilities:
To build a client bank of up to 130 clients/ households, through both existing connections and creating new ones, and review on an ongoing basis. The objective is to:
• Provide comprehensive financial planning, generally using the investment solutions offered as appropriate.
• Proactively offer annual planning meetings to all of clients.
• Secure new business in the form of increments or referrals from existing clients.
• Retain and build existing funds under management.
• To be comfortable approaching accountants and solicitors with a view to building a relationship and obtaining new work.
• To be comfortable operating as part of a team, whilst also being able to create own opportunities.
• Some experience of delivering presentations would be desirable.
• Willingness to work hard to build your own ‘practice’
• Organised with good administrative skills
• PC literate
• Ability to work to targets e.g. new business, referrals, activity, retention.
• Ability to adhere to regulatory requirements.
• Natural desire to put the client first
Regulatory Responsibilities: CF 30, ideally QCA Level 6
Demonstrate an understanding of and compliance with regulatory framework relevant to the role, whilst practising effective risk management taking account of outcomes for clients.
Please visit the IDEX Consulting Ltd website for further opportunities. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail within 2 working days of receiving your application. If your application is unsuccessful, the information supplied may still be retained for use in connection with future vacancies. Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources, should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.