Compliance Officer - Central London
Salary up to £50,000 plus benefits
An independently owned financial planning and investment management business that provides wealthy private clients, investors and businesses with wealth advice is looking to appoint a Compliance Officer.
Reporting to the Compliance Manager & Compliance Director, you will assist in carrying out regular monitoring in various business areas and to provide compliance and anti-money laundering advice.
* Anti Money Laundering
* Regulatory Matters
* Compliance Advice
* Financial Promotions
* Carry out file review monitoring of the financial planning piece and initiate any remedial action required as a result of the monitoring and ensure that the remedial action is completed within a reasonable time frame
* Carry out monitoring of the corporate finance, pension windups and client assets of the financial planning piece
* Compile breaches/incident reports arising from monitoring activity, investigate issues arising and report the outcome
* Compile all reports and statistics arising from the above monitoring activity with supporting documentation and audit trail in a timely manner
* Complete all monitoring in accordance with monitoring programmes and timetables
* Identify and prioritise risk areas and ensure that monitoring is carried out taking into account these risk areas
* Assist in any process review to ensure the monitoring programmes continue to test all appropriate areas of risk
* Provide advice to in respect of the firm’s AML requirements and record all AML queries in the departmental AML Log and provide regular updates on the entries in the log to the Compliance Manager
* Undertake research into new regulations or legislation that might affect the business and provide advice to the Compliance Manager or Director on the impact of these changes.
* Review and approve marketing material, including financial promotions
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the rules regulations and guidance provided by the FCA and the ICAEW in respect of all financial promotions and marketing material
* Refer to appropriate Act, rule, principle or regulation to support advice given
* In consultation with the Compliance Director, recommend new or amended procedures as necessary
* Contribute to the maintenance of the department’s Procedures Manual
Applicants will be experienced compliance professionals from within the financial planning space and understands the key area’s involved in the successful execution of compliance. You will hold financial planning qualifications such as Dip PFS or equivalent with a clear understanding of monitoring, AML, financial promotions and regulatory matters.
Please visit the IDEX Consulting Ltd website for further opportunities. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail within 2 working days of receiving your application. If your application is unsuccessful, the information supplied may still be retained for use in connection with future vacancies. Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources, should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.