Position - Head of Statutory and Regulatory Reporting
Location – Telford
Sector – Financial Services
Salary - Competitive salary, plus discretionary bonus & benefits
Client Overview - Investment Reporting Accountant
My client is a leading financial services firm specialising within in life and pensions which buys and administers closed books of business from other companies. Currently seeking a Head of Statutory & Regulatory Reporting to be based from either Telford or Lytham.
To be a member of the finance senior management team reporting directly into the Chief Financial Officer with responsibility for leading the statutory and regulatory reporting teams, together with responsibility for the implementation of the Line 1 risk activities including the implementation of the FRR controls framework.
Key Role Responsibilities
* Lead and develop a team of finance professionals
* Provide commercial and financial leadership to business areas of responsibility, ensuring all deadlines are met and all deliverables are produced accurately, timely and of requisite quality.
* Ensure that all internal and external reporting deadlines are met.
* Develop, oversee and co-ordinate the Financial Reporting Risk governance framework, ensuring Business Unit compliance across the business (i.e. all in scope functions and legal entities).
* Responsible for effective risk mitigation within large change activity such as acquisitions, outsourcing arrangements and emerging business issues.
* Achieve continuous improvement in finance control behaviour.
* Excellent communication skills ability to articulate complex financial matters to Executive members and senior management team
* Strategic thinker ability to review at high level and be involved in detail when required
* Strong Excel skills, eg Pivot tables, vlookups
* Strong general IT skills, eg Word and Powerpoint
* Working in a large matrix organisation understanding the local and group wide objectives
* Full P&L and balance sheet reporting and business planning procedures
* Full operating knowledge of general ledger systems including data entry, procurement, journal preparation and the extraction of reports
* Staff management tools and performance management procedures
* A qualified member of CCAB body
* Experience of building relationships across the organisation at all levels
* Worked in a large corporate environment
* Working within a change/project environment
* Experience of working within a regulatory environment
* Implementing new financial systems and processes
Please visit the IDEX Consulting Ltd website for further opportunities. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail within 2 working days of receiving your application. If your application is unsuccessful, the information supplied may still be retained for use in connection with future vacancies. Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources, should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.