My Client is currently looking for an experienced and qualified Paraplanner to join their team in Cheshire.
This team focuses on the on boarding of all new clients. Within the role you will support our Financial Planners whilst having day to day responsibility for the end to end process of all that is entailed on bringing on a new client. You will be working on a bank of prospective clients and will be expected to proactively manage and build client relationships, whilst providing support for key areas of the financial planning process, including:
• Tax planning: ISA and pension contributions, CGT planning and tax wrapper selection
• Estate planning: inheritance tax mitigation and trust planning
• Asset allocation: review, compare and establish when re-balance is required.
• Individual fund review: review fund selection & identify fund switches.
• Fact finding
• Ongoing portfolio reviews: review portfolio’s to identify product sales and purchases. Assess tax position and analyse portfolio returns.
To achieve this, as part of your duties you will
• Attend client meetings alongside the Financial Planner and create meeting minutes which accurately reflect the information gathered in order to fully document a client’s financial needs and objectives
• Carry out research and analyse products and services that are appropriate to each client’s financial circumstances then discussing appropriate solutions with the Financial Planner
• Prepare clear investment strategy, mandate, and recommendation reports, ensuring adherence with regulatory standards for review by the Financial Planner
• Effectively use research and planning systems such as Analytics, O&M, Voyant, Curo and Volume and wrap platforms such as Nucleus and 7IM
• Be responsible for ensuring that recommendations are fully implemented in a timely manner
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the industry, compliance and regulatory developments
The ideal candidate:
• Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple projects
• High attention to detail & accuracy
• Professional and ethical
• Ability to manage time effectively
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to work individually or as part of a team
• IT Literate
• Excellent people, interpersonal and listening skills
• Report writing, with ability to explain financial terminology in plain English
• High level of customer service
Candidates need to hold the diploma in financial planning (or equivalent) and ideally be on the way to Chartered status.
Please visit the IDEX Consulting Ltd website for further opportunities. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail within 2 working days of receiving your application. If your application is unsuccessful, the information supplied may still be retained for use in connection with future vacancies. Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources, should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.