My Client is currently looking for an experienced Pensions Administrator to join their team in Liverpool. Candidates need to be experienced in DB and DC pensions.
• Manage a portfolio of clients
• Prepare manual and computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
• Communicate with clients, their employees and former employees and advisers
• Carry out and check cash handling and accounting functions to client pension and related arrangements, liaising with bank and investment managers as appropriate
• Process and check client pensioner payrolls, including calculation of net pay, arranging payments, liaison with tax offices and preparation of year end returns
• Liaise with authorities including DWP, HMRC, (including NICO), The Pensions Regulator and the Information Commissioner
• Read, research and understand documentation relating to each scheme, for example, deeds
• Check work of other team members, ensuring accuracy and compliance with procedures and legislation, as agreed
• Prepare annual benefit statements
• Prepare annual accounts
• Encourage the team to look for efficiency gains.
• Support effective team working, be willing to ask others for support and share knowledge to assist with the development of colleagues through coaching and training
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of how the PPF operates and the nature and type of compensation (specific for PPF Administration)
• Adhere to specific targets, carry out calculations and tasks involved in working on PPF schemes, and respond to the need for a rapid turnaround of work (specific for PPF Administration)
• Relevant Financial Services experience or a background in DC or DB pension administration is a requirement. Payroll and accounts experience would also be beneficial in particular roles.
• A willingness to make progress towards a professional qualification would be a benefit; however proven experience in the role is more desirable than other academic achievement.
• A strong understanding of Microsoft Office programmes, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook.
• CPA or progress with other relevant PMI qualifications would be an advantage.
Please visit the IDEX Consulting Ltd website for further opportunities. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail within 2 working days of receiving your application. If your application is unsuccessful, the information supplied may still be retained for use in connection with future vacancies. Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources, should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.