What does the role of a Trainee Recruiter actually involve?
As a recruiter, no two days are the same. You will be involved at each stage of the recruitment process; from gaining the interest of a candidate and establishing a client requirement, to managing the interview process and supporting your candidates through the resignation and job offer process. You might be out visiting clients and building business in the morning, and then on the phone speaking to potential candidates in the afternoon.
IDEX Consulting specialise in Professional Services recruitment across the UK within 4 sectors: General Insurance, Financial Services, Legal and Accountancy and Finance. Each region of the UK is covered by a team of specialist recruiters, and you will be aiming to join one of those specialist teams once you have completed our Training Academy and passed your probation period.
As a Trainee Recruitment Consultant you are expected to represent the IDEX brand within your chosen market. By becoming part of IDEX you are committing to providing an exceptional service, and as a result you will be professional, well presented and conscientious in your work at all times.
Regular activities will include:
- Making a high volume of phone calls to both candidates and clients, and engaging them in discussion about their recruitment requirements
- Searching online job boards and databases for specific CV’s
- Calling candidates you have researched to sell them job opportunity
- Conducting a detailed candidate interview to establish suitability
- Recording a detailed job specification from a client, in person or via telephone
- Managing the job application cycle (interview set up and support, acceptance or rejection of job offers)
- Meeting senior level clients & candidates
- Networking at industry events & growing an account
- Negotiating fees & terms with senior level clients