- Posted 04 May 2023
- SalaryBenefits package
- LocationWest Midlands
- Job type Flexible / Work From Home
Acquisitions and Growth Specialist
Idex are looking for an Acquisitions and Growth Specialist to join the already successful M&A and Business Growth Division.
Flexible working is available alongside a market leading package.
The experience required for the role;
- 10 years+ of insurance / broker or MGA experience
- Understanding of General Insurance market and operations.
- Growth planning experience
- Generating, cultivating, and nurturing new broker leads
- Liaising with "buyers" and "sellers"
- Pipeline Management
- Advising brokers on growth
- Deal negotiation
- Client management
- Working closely with our UK consultants to develop new opportunities
- Cultivate relationships with new sellers so they choose IDEX when finding a partner to work with when they are selling their business. Work with regional managers to identify prospects for advising on M&A and create a target list alongside Marketing to nurture and develop these relationships.
- Ensure achieves personal mergers and acquisitions revenue target each quarter and responsible for year-end results.
- Create plans to achieve goals and beat the set targets.
- Have strategic account management oversight over identified potential sellers, acting as the executive sponsor / relationship manager where required. Ensure the Client Solutions Director is kept up to date with all prospects and potential acquisitions in a regular review.
- Act as the relationship manager for identified IDEX buyers. Have regular contact with IDEX buyers and ensure that steering meetings are scheduled throughout the year and utilise the Client Solutions Director where appropriate.
- Manage deals through the pipeline from identification through to sale, ensuring maximum value is created for the seller and IDEX.
- Execute and drive the Client Solutions strategy, working in conjunction with the Client Solutions Director, marketing function and any other key stakeholders to generate new business.
People and culture
- Support the wider teams through cultivating new relationships that can be further developed by the talent teams.
- Work alongside the Client Solutions Director, Regional Managers and Directors to assist in driving the success of the Division.
- Motivate the division through coaching of the team where appropriate, demonstrating positivity and creating opportunities for team members to be successful.
- Share expertise through training sessions, coaching sessions and 1-2-1s with team members throughout the divisions and wider IDEX business.
- Promote diversity and inclusion throughout the organisation.
- Be persistent and structured in the approach to ensure all potential sellers are followed through and to continually build the IDEX reputation in the market.
- Maintain gravitas in the UK GI market to instil confidence in sellers and buyers.
- Maintain deep understanding of how a UK brokerage operates and leverage this knowledge to generate good relationships with buyers and sellers.
- Network with potential sellers, buyers, and associated professionals to find potential sellers and to build the IDEX brand.
- Work closely with the Client Solutions Director to create accurate pipeline reports.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement to offer a better client service and to operate more effectively. Lead on delivery of improvements.
- Ensure the business meets its commitments to clients and buyers and achieves a highly positive Net Promotor Score.
- Ensure the divisions run in accordance with company policies and procedures, implements them effectively and shares best practice with the wider business.
- Development and demonstration of market intelligence, research the market; looking at competitors and creating competitive advantage.
- Individual tactical client work required to deliver revenue targets and high levels of service.
- Support the IDEX goal of being a sustainable business and be an advocate of the IDEX sustainability strategy and how it is driven through the business.
Personal qualities and standards:
- Model the IDEX values of being innovative, courageous, and inspirational in all contact with IDEX stakeholders and when representing IDEX in the wider community.
- Innovative - Always looking forward, whilst learning from the past, and developing solutions that make IDEX better for the future. Embraces new technologies, ways of working and change.
- Courageous - Isn't afraid to make the big decisions and doesn't rest until the job is done. Driving the goals of the entire business, whilst demonstrating respect for the model and behaviours expected of any employee of IDEX.
- Inspirational - Finds ways to inspire themselves and others to be better and deliver beyond their own expectations, whilst setting the bar on work ethic, dedication and self-belief that is expected of everyone who works at IDEX.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.