- Posted 11 May 2023
- Salary£30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
- Job type Flexible / Work From Home
- DisciplineFinancial Services
Associate Governance and Pensions Management Consultant
We are recruiting for an experienced pensions individual who is looking to progress in a Governance and Pensions Management Consultant position.
This is an opportunity to further your career and to join a great multi-disciplinary team which provides clients with leading edge advice across all key disciplines such as DB funding, DB and DC governance, investment, risk transfer and covenant advice.
What can you expect?
- You will be a key part of a team supporting our trustee clients in their scheme management and governance objectives
- Whilst your primary focus will be on DB or DC governance, this is an opportunity to work with other specialists such as scheme actuaries and investment consultants, and on a range of client teams
- We tailor the client mix to support and develop an individual's skills now and into the future
- Central to your role will be governance consulting and scheme secretary responsibilities to trustee boards and/or sole trustees, and as such you will be key to the client relationship and interactions with the wider team
- We actively encourage our consultants to develop, and provide numerous opportunities for personal growth and development as a result of the very broad range of skills and expertise our Wealth business and the wider Mercer has to offer
What you will be rewarded with?
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- 25 Days Annual Leave, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days per year
- Excellent defined contribution pension scheme with up to 12% employer contribution (based on a 4% employee contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance
We will count on you to:
- Attend client meetings, support all scheme secretarial services to the client and be involved in setting and monitoring budgets
- Provide governance and scheme secretarial support to trustee clients and/or supporting senior colleagues who are leading the relationship
- Take a central role in liaising with clients, other team members and other advisers
- Attend trustee meetings as trusted supporter to trustee chair and board
- Carry out all aspects of scheme secretarial work, including arranging meetings, drafting agendas and meeting papers, liaison with colleagues, trustees, and other advisors
- You will write minutes, manage action points, communicate with key stakeholders, implement, and maintain governance and risk documents
- Set, agree, and monitor budgets
- Check and review work, including reasonableness and 'sense checking' of colleagues' (and your own) work
What you need to have:
- Pensions experience of which some experience ideally will be in governance consulting and scheme management from either a consultancy or in house pensions team
- Technical pensions knowledge and knowledge of current regulatory regime
- A good understanding of current pension issues and how these impact clients
- A strong understanding of a range of ways in which UK pension schemes operate
What makes you stand out?
- Relevant pensions qualifications or studying towards, e.g., APMI or equivalent
- Pensions governance and scheme management experience
- Excellent communication skills with strong attention to detail, natural proactivity, planning, organisation, and project management skills
- A willingness to learn new skills and be adaptable in a changing environment
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.