Are you an experienced Banking and Finance Lawyer looking to work with some of the UK's largest and "magic circle" calibre clients in the financial services sector?
All with flexible working, reduced billable hours but market leading remuneration?
Then a position within this banking and finance team is for you!
We are proud to be representing one of the big 4 accountancy firms looking to hire experienced Banking and Finance lawyers to their legal division in Leeds.
This banking and finance team help clients with the key legal and documentation aspects of debt finance, mergers and acquisitions, debt refinancing and asset finance. You'll work closely with top quality banking and finance lawyers across a significant footprint. This is the ideal environment for a banking and finance lawyer who wants to be part of the future of legal services and solve real business problems.
Your role will include:
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing financial services legal documents including loan agreements, security, ancillary and CP documents
- Providing lending SME and applying market/industry knowledge of lending transactions as part of wider firms client engagements
- Knowledge-sharing and providing training and tailored lending SME support to colleagues in other parts of the firm
- Supporting clients in the negotiation and execution of a range of lending transactions and developing contract negotiation playbooks for clients
- Supporting clients to leverage technology enabled work-flows to support contract preparation, negotiation and execution
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified solicitor in England & Wales or equivalent common law jurisdiction, practising either as an in-house lawyer at a bank or other financial institution or at a leading law firm
- Have an excellent academic background
- Have some experience of negotiating loan agreements and advising on lending and security-related transactional matters
- Have good working knowledge of LMA documentation and current market practice
Have a strong knowledge of the financial services regulatory space as it impacts on banks, insurers, funds, asset managers and other financial institutions.