Reporting into the Responsible Investment Project Manager, the Business Analyst will support the Responsible Investment project in defining, documenting, and assessing Responsible Investment business and regulatory requirements. As part of this core role, the Business Analyst will be supporting and managing one or more working groups.
Post requirement definition, the Business Analyst will be responsible for coordinating activities with IT/DTS and Investment Management colleagues through the system development life-cycle as well as supporting with training and handover to BAU (Business As Usual) documentation.
The initial focus will be on capturing investment requirements for imminent regulatory changes as these will result in a set of new processes in 2022. There will then be an ongoing need to document evolving regulatory requirements as the regulations in ESG and responsible investment are being finalised or further developed (SDR).
As a Business Analyst, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Documentation of the long-term implications of integrating Responsible Investment into the client and Investment processes. Working closely with senior members of Investment Management, address ESG/Responsible Investment business requirements that will underpin the RI project activities and priorities, including: Stakeholder management: understanding the processes and teams impacted by the ESG regulatory developments and ensuring they are engaged and kept informed throughout the project. Working group coordination: liaising with Investment Management SMEs, manage one or more working groups as defined as part of the Responsible Investment Project. Understanding the TSW ESG/RI client journey and document requirements to capture ESG client preferences in our onboarding, portfolio construction, reporting and oversight functions
- Understanding and documenting the impact on relevant investment components (data, system, process) that will need to incorporate further ESG/Responsible Investment considerations and data capabilities. Understanding and documenting Responsible Investment risk process and system requirements, especially in relation to climate change and scenario analysis. Working closely with the proposed Responsible Investment Data Analyst to obtain data-based information that will inform and support the definition of our long-term business requirements.
- Acting as a specialist point person between the investment teams and IT/DTS.
- Ensuring business requirements are clearly understood and interpreted by the relevant stakeholders (IT/DTS, investment subject matter experts…etc.). Coordinating implementation of business requirements with the relevant stakeholders through relevant project phases. Coordinating testing activities between IT/DTS and the investment SMEs, escalate issues and backlogs as appropriate.
- Working with relevant stakeholders to design required process change documentation, e.g., training material, procedures, and policy updates. Ensuring handover to BAU on implemented changes is documented, well communicated and managed. Supporting the RI project manager in day-to-day project reporting for the working groups they are managing.
- Leading by example displaying strong values and beliefs and a commitment to encouraging individuals to operate within clearly defined ethical boundaries and put the client at the front of everything that they do.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Business Analysis experience in the financial sector, including experience of implementing regulations within a front office function and/or client solutions
- Front office wealth management experience as the role will involve integrating Responsible Investment into front office processes
- Knowledge of key ESG trends and best practice, with experience implementing current and emerging ESG and sustainable finance frameworks and standards (e.g., UN Principles for Responsible Investment, UK Stewardship Code)
- Desirable experience and knowledge of the following EU/UK emerging regulations such as the EU Taxonomy, EU Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR), TCFD for climate related disclosures
- Business analysis qualification (BCS, IIBA, PBA, AgileBA
Colleague benefits that include:
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Hybrid working model (role dependent)
- Generous holiday package
- Option to purchase additional holiday
- Shared parental leave