An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Chartered Financial Planner to join a growing advice team for a highly reputable wealth advisory firm.
You will be joining a team, looking to build an innovative and disruptive guidance and advice proposition aimed at improving financial wellbeing through the workplace. Their mission is to improve financial security for people regardless of their age and wealth.
Idex are working exclusively with this prestigious client and seeking a candidate who is driven by a desire to deliver good outcomes for clients. Being able to work collaboratively in a team environment is a must.
You should be qualified to level 6 (will consider very close), have attained Chartered status, and have demonstrable experience as a regulated financial adviser. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, confidence with clients and high levels of technical knowledge are requisites.
There is significant scope for personal growth and development in this small and collaborative team - a real opportunity to contribute and influence the future direction and growth of the business.
A strong networker who feels comfortable presenting to large audiences, you should be able to evidence high levels of client-centricity as well as your approach to both growing and serving your client base.
While the role will involve supporting distribution efforts, for example, by attending webinars and seminars for large corporate clients, the primary responsibility will be to onboard and serve clients with their financial advice needs and help them achieve their lifetime financial goals.
- Upholding our values and culture of client-centricity at all times.
- Develop strong relationships to retain clients, managing your client relationships through meetings (either on-line or in business premises) and high quality communications.
- Conducting in-depth assessments of clients' financial circumstances, current provisions, and future aims and goals.
- Completing investment risk analyses using attitude to investment risk questionnaires.
- Analysing information and preparing plans and financial strategies best suited to individual clients' requirements.
- Reviewing and responding to clients' changing needs and financial circumstances.
- Researching the marketplace and providing clients with information on existing and new products and services.
- Proactively contacting clients with news of market or legislation changes that may affect their savings and investments.
- Generate new business and build introducer relationships.
- Supporting distribution efforts, e.g., delivering and attending webinars and seminars for large employers.
- Meeting all regulatory aspects of the role, e.g., requirements for disclosure, costs of the services or products provided whilst accepting responsibility for the advice provided.
- Adhering to all compliance processes and procedures, including maintaining a valid Statement of Professional Standing.
- Contribute to the evolution and growth of our business and propositions through sharing views, knowledge, and expertise with other team members.
- Keeping up to date with financial products and legislation and setting and completing training and competence requirements.
- Research and technical duties
- Researching information from various sources, including providers of financial products.
- Where appropriate, negotiating with product suppliers for the best possible rates.
- Act as a source of knowledge and skill in the team.
- RQF level 6 qualified (or very close)
- Achieved Chartered Financial Planner status (or very close)
Skills & experience
- Experience as a regulated financial adviser.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and listening skills.
- Comfortable presenting to large groups of people.
- The capability to explain complex information simply and clearly.
- The ability to network and establish relationships with clients and potential future clients.
- Demonstrate excellent research and analytical skills.
- Possess negotiation and influencing skills as well as determination and tenacity.
- A good level of numeracy and IT skills.
- Good working knowledge of Intelligent Office / Intelliflo is preferred (but not essential).
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- An ethical and professional approach to work.
- Focus on excellent client service and outcomes.
- Apply discretion and an understanding of the need for client confidentiality.
- A team player, supportive of colleagues, and helping others develop their careers.
- Self-motivation, organisation, and being able to prioritise effectively.
- A flexible approach to work.