- Posted 18 May 2023
- Salary£35000 - £40000 per annum
- LocationWest Midlands
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineGeneral Insurance
Are you an experienced Claims professional with a strong background in the insurance industry?
Do you possess excellent managerial or leadership skills? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Claims Manager for our insurance brokerage.
My client is a leading insurance brokerage firm that specialises in providing comprehensive insurance solutions to individuals and businesses. We have a dedicated team of professionals who strive to deliver exceptional service and support to our clients. As a Claims Manager, you will play a crucial role in overseeing and managing the claims department, ensuring the timely and efficient processing of claims for their valued clients.
- Handle claims and incidents from across different products, advising on requirements, and seeing the claim through to an effective conclusion. This will include high value Professional Indemnity claims.
- Maintain efficient handling of the claims caseload to ensure the prompt, timely and effective handling of claims.
- Liaising with clients, insurers and panel firms to ensure effective communication between all stakeholders.
- Ensure accurate and timely notifications to relevant insurers and keep clients informed.
- Ensure that the system (Acturis) is up to date.
- Utilise the task management system to monitor claims/incidents.
- Produce claims MI reports and present to the Board and EXCO when required.
- Produce case reports and any ad hoc reporting on existing and new claims to identify actions for insurers and colleagues, where appropriate.
- Interrogate and monitor statistical reports as and when produced to ensure accuracy and quality of data.
- Assist with the monitoring and management of insurer claims service performance to ensure client satisfaction.
- Maintain claims quality assurance system to ensure effective control and management of claims settlements.
- To have thorough, technical, and appropriate insurance policy working experience, and be able to adapt knowledge to suit a variety of insurance products.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office.
- Presentation skills with the ability to present to groups of individuals on relevant topics as required.
- Effective verbal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure using first-rate planning, organisational and time management skills.
- An effective team player with a positive attitude and eagerness to support the wider team.
- Have a customer-centric approach at all times.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent strategic and operational planning in the short, medium, and long-term business environments.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to take that step up in a leadership role.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.