Business Director - Marine/Transportation
Wet commercial is what they call it. Commercial businesses who operate on or near water essentially.
A rare opportunity has arisen to join a specialist marine MGA as a Commercial Marine Underwriter. Something a little different to put your mind to, also a step up in responsibility.
If you're an experienced Commercial Combined / Package / Marine Underwriter currently living locally but having to travel up and down the country week in, week out, this role is for you!
IDEX are working exclusively with a superb, family owned, Independent Insurance business in South Manchester (Congleton) as a need has arisen to find an experienced Underwriter to join their Marine Trades team
Marine Trades is effectively commercial combined cover for Marina's, boat builders, sailing clubs and boat yards. Businesses who sell on (or near) water effectively!
What will you be involved in?
- As an integral part of this business, you'll continue to build on the already established relationship with your broker panel and retail clientele. When required, you'll have the opportunity to attend client/broker visits
- You'll ensure professional service of new business/renewals, underwriting business typically up to the £10,000 GWP range (However, you'll be the focal point in developing business with clients paying upto £30,000 GWP)
- You'll utilise systems such as Acturis and SchemeServe, whilst taking ownership of your brokers and retail customer accounts, resolving enquiries, credit control issues and building on relationships
What's in it for you?
- A strong base salary which is negotiable depending upon experience / track record
- Profit based annual bonus
- A close-knit, family feel team who all get on inside and outside of work. An environment which is described as 'relaxed' and 'non-pressurised'
- Opportunity to work from home at least 2 days a week
- You'll be joining a business who will open up development pathways to progress within the company and further your education via Insurer training
- Your wellbeing will be supported, being offered remote GP access, 25 days holiday, Physiotherapy, Death in Service, strong pension scheme and free financial advice.
What do you have to offer in return?
- Underwriting is your bag, you'll have a track record of writing new business and renewals, servicing your clients/broker and maintaining a high level of customer service
- Your background will ideally be within Marine Trades or Commercial Combined / Property & Casualty
- You'll be based in Manchester/in the north west and be open to working in a hybrid fashion
Opportunities of this nature do not come up often, if intrigued get in touch for a confidential chat. No CV? No problem we can help you create a profile
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.