- Posted 14 June 2022
- Salary£250.00 - £500 per day
- DisciplineGeneral Insurance
Commercial Underwriter - 3 Month Contract
£250 - £500 per day
Are you immediately available for employment and open to contracting? Do you have underwriting experience and knowledge of insurance wordings? This could be an ideal opportunity for you to utilise your skills on a part-time basis.
A well-known Insurer is looking for 3 individuals to join their commercial underwriting team on a 3 month contract basis, which could possibly be extended. These are remote positions based anywhere in the UK, involving travel to workshops.
Duties will include:
- Drafting and amending insurance policy wordings across a number of product lines.
- Producing endorsements.
- Arranging and providing training.
- Reviewing allocated cases and delivering underwriting decisions in order to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite.
- Identifying non-standard, large and/or complex cases escalating to more qualified colleagues and supporting them to ensure they are handled appropriately.
- Providing guidance to Underwriters in respect of drafting rationale and cover clarification where required.
- Providing advice and guidance to your team members regarding the production of new or complex policy wordings and clauses.
- Strong influencing and communication skills (particularly when discussing certain technical elements of cover and discussing drafting rationale).
- Experience with wordings across a breadth of lines of business - ideally commercial insurance, but personal lines will also be considered.
- Ability to build extensive networks of contacts.
- Experience of working directly with customers and in the customer environment.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity, don't hesitate to get in touch.