Calling all ESG consultants looking to further their consultancy career.
2022 has been an unprecedented year in many respects, with the global operating environment adjusting to the new normal of living with COVID-19 amongst a backdrop of unprecedented geo-political events. All of these factors have contributed to a shift in society's expectations of business along with increased inflationary pressures, supply chain challenges and regulatory activity to mitigate climate risk. My client remains committed to building a better working world, and given these remarkably challenging times, our clients will need our support more than ever. This includes helping our clients respond to continued demand from internal and external stakeholders on the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations into all relevant business activities and risk and control frameworks.
My client, a household name when it comes to quality consulting are actively recruiting senior consultants who know ESG. The team currently are responding to increased demand from clients on ESG topics, the implications for financing and investment decisions and integration into business strategy, risk and control frameworks and business operating models across the three lines of defence.
To help their clients, embed ESG into their business activities and meet regulatory expectations, the team are looking for candidates who have experience with ESG and / or Sustainable Finance within Capital Markets or have regulatory, risk and control compliance experience and are looking to up-skill on ESG / Sustainable Finance in the Capital Markets sector. In addition to experience, the team are looking for candidates who want to operate within a team environment to design, build, and deliver innovative solutions to address the opportunities and challenges our clients are facing in this rapidly evolving market. Right now, there are opportunities to work with traditional Investment Banks, large Commercial Banks specialising in wholesale capital markets finance and new to market disruptors and start-ups.
As a Senior Consultant you will be responsible for the following:
- Engagement delivery: roles vary from engagement to engagement, but are likely to include supporting regulatory interpretation, gap assessments, business impact, risk and control identification and assessments and optimisation, regulatory remediation, target operating model design, implementation management and project management
- Business development: support on client campaigns and business development, from researching new regulations and their potential impact to assisting effective business implementation
- Capability development: contribute to the development of the firm's capabilities in technical areas and engage with clients regarding the application of these methodologies to their businesses
- Collaboration: work with colleagues outside of the team to deliver multi-disciplinary and cross-geographical work
- Senior stakeholder engagement: support the development of executive level presentations that are clear and insightful
You need to be;
I am looking to speak to a range of professionals who are not just great risk, control and compliance technicians but brilliant consultants. Professionals who can build networks, spot industry trends and solve industry problems. If you are interested in being part of a growing team, serving clients and reaching your full potential, I want to hear from you!
- Regulatory, risk and control, compliance experience at the FCA/PRA, a Financial Services organisation, or another consultancy firm
- Experience working with front office staff in an Investment Bank or Commercial Bank, such as traders / market facing roles or working in a second line function with direct interaction with the front office
- Knowledge of ESG, Sustainable Finance, CASS, governance, conduct risk, regulatory developments such as LiBOR Transition, MiFID 2 and Brexit Programmes would be beneficial
- Experience with large scale, transformational change programmes in Investment or Commercial Banking