About this opportunity:
Would you like to work for our reputable client and help trading businesses of all types to prosper by offering the funding, support and encouragement they need to grow?
The Intermediaries team is part of the Business & Commercial Bank and is responsible for on-boarding and managing both new and existing clients via various intermediaries such as brokerages and trade associations across products including Term Lending, Invoice Finance, Asset Finance and Merchant Acquiring.
This is an opportunity for a Business Development professional to support our SME business where clients will typically have a turnover of between 3 million and 25 million pounds.
This role is key to the local community, developing business opportunity, and representing the group in the professional community. The hope is you'll be an ambassador for change, an early adopter of tools built to improve the client and colleague experience and support your wider team and region to work towards their goals.
What would you be doing?
- Providing excellent service to your Brokers and every client, putting them at the heart of what you do, adding customer value at every interaction
- Providing a variety of creative funding solutions to our clients through your brokers from our Term Lending, Working Capital & Payments product range tailoring them to client needs
- Building relationships with Relationship Managers, Area Business Managers and Mid Corporate Business Development to bring the whole bank to your brokers delivering products to meet their needs
- Digital advocacy and using professional social media to enhance your reputation in the market and growing your external contacts
- Writing credit proposals for sanction by dedicated Credit team and ensuring adherence to Conduct Risk requirements
- Profiling and presenting within the Bank and to external professionals
What you'll need:
- You'll have significant experience of working with Intermediaries gained from within a Banking and Finance background
- Specialist Knowledge - Uses specialist credit and sector knowledge along with all available digital tools to deliver excellent client experiences whilst identifying ways to grow income, balance sheet and market share and handling associated risks
- Results focused - take personal responsibility for delivering results, whilst readily accepting change and utilising a growth mind set to focus on client outcomes
- New Client Acquisition - Highly proficient at building and maintaining productive relationships with external professionals and adept at winning good volumes of higher value new client relationships
- People - Have a Growth mindset and be keen to adopt and use key tools that improve the client experience
- Environmental Awareness - Promotes the bank's image through strong ethics & integrity across a range of clients, prospects & professionals
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.