- Posted 24 May 2023
- Salary£55000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineGeneral Insurance
E&O Broker - City of London
£55,000 - £75,000 + benefits
A rapidly growing Lloyd's Broker is looking to expand their presence in the Commercial E&O Market and shift from 'reactive' to 'proactive' in this space.
They currently have some open-market wholesale business, emanating from the US, Canada and the UK and have great untapped potential within their global network. They also have the support of a dedicated technical team, which take care of PPL and other administrative tasks.
The role will entail:
- Receiving submissions from Producers and other companies in the group, setting up calls and NDAs.
- Providing advice to clients on coverage and pricing.
- Placing business into the Lloyd's, London and International markets.
- Dealing with new and renewal business, including mid-term adjustments.
- Relationship management of Brokers and Insurers.
- Broker meetings (mainly virtual, but occasionally in person).
- Researching and pursuing new Broker connections and new business opportunities through networking, referrals and conferences etc.
- Incentivising greater transfer of internal wholesale business.
- Representing the brand professionally at all times.
- Complying with relevant legal, regulatory and compliance requirements.
The ideal individual for this role will have:
- Experience of (open-market) Lloyd's broking.
- Knowledge of Commercial E&O/ Professional Indemnity insurance; ideally US, but UK/ International backgrounds will also be considered.
- London Market experience.
- Experience of managing client/ Broker relationships.
- Strong network of Underwriter connections.
- CII qualifications.
- Confident written and verbal communication skills.
In return, offer a this business offers a collaborative environment, a young ambitious, leadership team with an understanding about work-life balance. If individuals have business to bring to the table, a sensible conversation will be had around salary.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.