An opportunity to join an award winning financial planning team has become available in their office in Bath!
If you are looking for a rewarding career with a business that offers full support and development with exams and a career pathway then please click apply!
Your role will be to assist the Financial Advisers by providing full administrative support and maintaining close contact with the clients to deliver a professional, compliant and effective service. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within an operational role for a fast-paced, multi award-winning company.
- To be the first point of contact for clients
- Provide an excellent telephone-based service to clients both external and internal together with third party providers.
- Arrange client meetings and prepare client meeting packs to support allocated adviser(s)
- Processing and monitoring of all new business (both for new and existing clients)
- Ensure that financial transactions are completed correctly and files are fully FCA compliant
- Manage and track pipeline activity providing regular progress updates to both client and adviser(s)
- Handle all ad-hoc valuation requests in a timely and compliant manner
- Contact and liaise with relevant product providers/third parties to obtain accurate policy information for ad-hoc valuation production
- Liaise with clients, solicitors and accountants as necessary in order to obtain relevant information and resolve queries
- Handling the distribution of letters of authority and correspondence to clients, professional introducers and other third parties where appropriate
- Maintain the CRM system (CURO) to ensure that KYC information for clients is entered fully and accurately
- Process and issue client invoices including adviser charging arrangements and liaise with the Finance team to chase overdue payments
- Ensure that all tasks on CURO are completed in line with company policy and procedures
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and third parties
- Assess client file documents in accordance with compliance requirements, identifying and correcting remedial actions as requested
- Be aware and act upon any compliance, risk and quality issues.
- Provide recommendations/improvement ideas to increase operational efficiency's within the team.
- On request from the Senior Client Services Associate, provide assistance with either work-flow demands or training/guidance support to colleagues
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Strong operational experience within the Financial Services industry
- A desire to further develop knowledge and to undertake relevant examinations to support understanding within the role
- Proficient IT skills in core Microsoft Office systems
- Organisation and prioritisation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an eye for detail
- Professional telephone manner
- Share Scheme
- Company discretionary bonus scheme
- 24 holidays (increasing to 26), plus 2 additional days paid Christmas shut down period
- Company Pension scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Eye Care Scheme
- Well-being programme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Full support with professional qualifications
For further information on this financial planning administration role in Bath please click apply!