Head of Legal - Scotland
Funds Lawyer - 3 - 6 years PQE
This global firm has seen significant growth in its Funds Practice and is now looking to expand its team and is keen to speak to Funds Lawyers for an opportunity which can be based in either Edinburgh or Glasgow.
The team are looking to speak to Lawyers who have experience of advising on various matters relating to the establishment of and investing in private investment funds.
The team currently acts for fund managers on the full range of their investment works including fund structuring, formation and investment work. They also advise large asset owners on their investment into fund structures and on secondary transactions. As part of the larger financial services group, they also support a team of Regulatory Solicitors and provide advice on the related financial regulation aspects of fund raising. The current team has highly experienced partners who handle funds established in the Channel Islands, Luxembourg, Mauritius and the Cayman Islands.
- Drafting constitutional documentation of funds including limited partnership agreements, unit trust deeds and shareholder agreements
- Drafting and negotiating ancillary documentation such as management agreements and administration agreements
- Advising on carried interest arrangements
- Reviewing marketing material
- High level advice on UK financial regulation as it relates to investment funds (specifically a familiarity with AIFMD and the UK's financial promotion regime)
- Negotiating fund documentation with investors and dealing with side letter requests
- Drafting LLP agreements in relation to setting up new Managers
- Dealing with offshore law firms and Administrators
- Reviewing fund documentation for institutional investors and preparing user friendly reports
- Negotiating with fund counsel when acting for investors (either as cornerstone investor or as a minority investor) and ideally when acting for UK pension funds; and discussing new funds with both start-up and experienced Managers
To be considered for this new role you will be an established Funds Lawyer with circa 3-6 years PQE and you will have prior experience of dealing with investment funds.
For further details or for a confidential chat, please contact me on 07384 795772 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.