- Posted 09 March 2023
- Salary£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum
- Job type Flexible / Work From Home
- DisciplineGeneral Insurance
Head of Compliance
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Compliance on behalf of Seventeen Group, to assist with the management and oversight of all compliance matters within James Hallam Ltd to enable it to meet regulatory requirements and obligations. This role will be reporting directly into the COO.
The role requires the individual to establish, develop and promote procedures for JHL to meet it's obligations and duties as required by regulators and in particular the FCA and ICO.
The Head of Compliance will help embed compliance procedures into the culture of JHL in order to meet it's regulatory requirements along with the close support and guidance of the Board of Directors.
The individual will liaise with external compliance consultants on a regular basis to ensure that internal audit and controls meet requisite standard.
- To assist the Board of Directors and management teams to identify possible regulatory or operational risks that may impact the business and to establish implement monitor and maintain adequate policies and procedures to mitigate such risks
- To create an annual Compliance Plan in conjunction with the Chief Operating Officer. Thereafter undertake an annual review of actual performance against the plan and produce a summary or report of findings to the Board
- To assist the Board of JHL to identify, understand and fully comply with all matters that are deemed necessary and appropriate to the proper operation and performance of JHL's activities as a regulated general insurance broker
- To be the first point of contact for Trading Teams to assist with day to day enquiries for any compliance support or related queries
- To operate as primary contact for compliance support partners UKGi and initiate any queries or enquiries via their Helpdesk
- To create and maintain procedures manuals for individual Trading Teams which will reflect best practice and regulatory requirements in order to maintain a high level of compliance and professional standards
- Regularly review internal procedures against
Legal and regulatory requirements:
- industry best practice & recommendations
- CII and BIBA trade guidelines
- To assist and provide guidance on the content of client communications and Terms of Business to ensure compliance with regulatory disclosure requirements
- To assist with the co-ordination and scheduling of an internal audit process of all Trading Teams and undertake periodic on site or remote audits to measure performance against required procedures and standards
- Maintain format and content of file audit template documents which will address areas of both regulatory and JHL standards and procedural requirements
- Schedule and oversee quarterly compliance meetings in conjunction with Operations Team and Board members to review topical compliance issues identify relevant key priorities and document requisite action points which arise
- Review and oversee Broker Assess and ensure compliance assessments are kept up to date and regularly undertaken
Skills and Experience:
- Effective written and oral skills with discretion
- Resolving difficult legal compliance issues against FCA guidelines, or other regulators policies
- Always seeing issues through to completion
- Ability to work independently and with limited management
- Excellent team player and able to motivate and encourage others
- General understanding of insurance industry regulation and insurance broking
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.