Infrastructure & Project Finance Associate
A leading silver circle law firm is looking to hire a mid-level infrastructure acquisitions and project finance Associate to join their infrastructure finance practice in London.
The Infrastructure Finance team in London consists of 4 Partners and a group of associates focused on the financing of both brownfield (M&A) and greenfield (project) financings. The team forms part of a broader Energy, Natural Resources & Infrastructure Finance group.
The products involved include acquisition finance (including holdco/midco finance), project finance, some hybrid products and fund level finance for infrastructure funds.
The Infrastructure Finance team works across the entire infrastructure sector including transport, energy transition (renewables, batteries EV charging etc), digital infrastructure, water and waste and healthcare.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Qualified/admitted legal practitioner in relevant jurisdiction
- Ideally 3 - 4 years PQE with evidence of experience in infrastructure acquisition finance. Project finance experience also helpful. We would consider candidates a year or so less, or more, qualified
- Currently/trained at a magic circle, US, silver circle or top tier Aus/NZ firm
- Strong foundation legal skills, including drafting, writing, negotiation and project management
- Technically strong, self-starter (ie able to run principal finance workstreams on large deals and smaller deals independently) who enjoys BD as well as transactional work
- Must be highly familiar with facility and commitment documentation, having drafted documentation from start to finish on LMA standard terms
On offer is market leading remuneration, flexible/hybrid working, the opportunity to be mentored by market leading partners and counsel and genuine progression routes through the firm.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.