Business Director - Marine/Transportation
As a marine insurance professional, you are a rare breed as you enjoy both the technical intricacies of a typical Account Handler/Technical role, but you also enjoy the placing side, dealing with Insurers and markets as well as delivering results for clients.
You don't just wish to pidgeon-hole yourself in one team, you enjoy the variety of responsibilities. Oh, and you wish to be paid a strong market salary of up to £70,000!
If this sounds like you, please read on. An exceptional opportunity has arisen to join a household marine broking leader in London, as a Marine Account Handler/Broker
As a Marine Cargo Broker/Account Handler, you'll help place cargo and stockthroughput business emanating from the US/Canada, dealing with markets, and building relationships with clients. You'll also service this enquiries, produce slips/endorsements and policy documentation
Why should you consider this firm, why's this better than your current employer?
- You'll be joining a large, independent business who have the firepower to compete with the well-known Global Wholesale Brokers
- You'll operate in a hybrid role, where you can get involved in many areas, rather than feel restricted working in one specific team.
- Flat structure with access to management, meaning decisions are made quickly and career progression plans are laid out for all employees
- Supporting you day to day, will be a superb leader and mentor who actively gets involved in the work you'll be doing, this means you'll always have someone by your side
- You'll have full client interaction
- An opportunity may arise for you to get involved in some project cargo, plus with plans to expand over the next few years, naturally other senior opportunities will arise in your team
- On offer is a salary up to £70,000 + bonuses + comprehensive benefits package. Typically individuals work on a hybrid (3 days in, 2 days from home), but this can be tailored to suit.
What experience do you have to offer?
- We are naturally seeking an individual within the cargo insurance broking market, however we are able to consider candidates across other lines of marine
- You'll have an interest in cargo/stock throughput and will enjoy working in a team of 10+, a collaborative and trusting environment.
If you have a CV superb, but if not don't worry! If open to hearing more, or would like a little more extra info please reach out for a confidential chat.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.