Business Director - Marine/Transportation
Let's be honest, Lloyd's is getting quieter and quieter each year. We are hearing that some Brokers are preferring to do business over the phone/teams
Could we slowly but surely be moving into a transactional market? I hope not!
Are you a natural people person? Do you have a cargo/stock throughput broking background and would be interested in earning 35% commission on brokerage brought in?
You'd enjoy broking cargo business into Lloyd's, entertaining clients/markets in London and having the opportunity to travel internationally.
This fast growing, Marine Lloyds Broker who specailise within Hull & Machinery, P&I and Marine Liability Insurance, have identified a clear growth opportunity within the Cargo market - This is where you step in.
Inheriting a small book of business, you will head up their cargo offering, travel internationally and be offered the environment to go out and produce business. There are no politics, red tape or senior team holding you back.
You'll be empowered and encouraged to becoming the best Broker you can be.
The business is forward thinking, ambitious and keen to grow however are very traditional at heart, and would like to remain this way going forward.
You'll have an experienced team around you to support should you have any questions, however you'll be given the freedom/environment to go out there and develop your own book of clients.
Having just completed a 6 month recruitment drive on the support team, this business have brought in an exceptional back office team to assist you with growing your own portfolio
Your new company's business generally emanates from the US and Europe (65% US/Canada) and are looking to grow in both territories, in particular Rest of the World
- As an integral part of the team, you'll be rewarded a basic salary between £60,000 - £100,000 dependent on your track record
- You'll be offered on all brokerage brought in - this is market leading and is a hugely lucrative offering
- Up to 10% pension contribution
- Opportunity to flex your days from home and in the office
What do you have to offer?
- First and foremost, you'll have a passion for all things cargo related!
- Coming from a wholesale background, you'll either be an experienced Cargo Broker who is currently in an environment where you feel held back. Alternatively, are you an ambitious Marine Cargo Technician who is looking for your break to become a Producing/Placing Broker?
Opportunities of this nature do not come up often. With bonus season around the corner, stay ahead of the curve and get in touch today.
If you have a CV superb, but if not no problem. Simply get in touch and we can tell you more!
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.