- Posted 22 March 2023
- Salary£50000 - £80000 per annum + Benefits + bonus
- Job type Flexible / Work From Home
- DisciplineGeneral Insurance
Business Director - Marine/Transportation
Marine Cargo Development Underwriter
Many MGA's are thriving in today's market, they are generally (not all) more nimble than Insurers, are able to make decisions quicker and are ultimately ideally positioned to deliver solutions to the fast paced, demanding world of the regional broking market
This Marine specialist MGA is no different. A business with a strong reputation, planned growth to 50 mil income, and ultimate aim to become one of the UK's most prestigious Marine Insurance providers.
As a Marine Cargo Underwriter joining their Leeds, Yorkshire office, you like to have autonomy to make decisions, the freedom to go out and develop relationships with your brokers and be part of a collaborative, supportive team. You'll receive this within this company
- You would say one of your natural traits are your relationship building skills, you have already built a successful portfolio of UK based Brokers who trust you to deliver a strong service. You are used to opening doors, driving enquiries and beating other competitors to business.
- You'll spend 90% of your time working from home, whilst you harvest relationships with new and existing Brokers within your territory, driving cargo/ freight liability enquiries (This depends on where you live/are based)
- You'll be joining a business who have secured an international cargo facility, as well as other facilities across the Engineering and Terrorism space
Why would you consider this opportunity?
- You'll receive a base salary up to £80,000 but this is dependent on your level of experience, broker relationships and wider expertise
- You'll enjoy the flexibility of working from home 90% of the time, meaning you'll have more time to spend with family and manage your own time
- Bonuses on offer including comprehensive benefits structure
- Depending on your future aspirations, you may have the opportunity to underwrite international business
If you're an experienced Marine / Cargo / Freight Underwriter who feels stuck within their current environment, or perhaps you're working for a boss who doesn't give you the flexibility to manage your own time, then this opportunity is for you!
No CV? No problem, just give IDEX a call to find out more.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.