Business Manager - Commercial & Marine Insurance
Due to succession planning, a top retail and wholesale Marine Insurance Broker on the East Coast are looking to appoint a Vice President on their marine team.
This means there is no requirement to start from scratch, you'll inherit some business whilst given the opportunity to produce whilst working your way into a senior leadership role.
As a Marine Insurance Producer/Vice President, you are clearly money motivated, you thrive on people interaction and adding value to clients. You're doing extremely well, you're an expert within marine hull and/or cargo related insurances and dealing direct with retail clients. For you to move roles, it has to be particularly enticing
IDEX are working in partnership with the perfect sized Broker on the East Coast, big enough to compete with the Globals but a smaller, family feel team whereby you don't feel a cog in a large machine.
You'll be based in either New York, New Jersey or Philadelphia. We will also consider individuals from further afield such as California on the west coast.
Key unique selling points about this business:
- Strong marine presence and infrastructure, meaning you'll have a great team behind you supporting you with the growth of your client bank
- An autonomous and collaborative environment, this would suit an entrepreneurial minded Producer who would like to make a difference
- Salary $150,000 - $200,000 + commission/bonus.
- Attractive commission structure rising up to 35% on new business and 25% on renewals
- Full access to the Lloyd's Markets, your company have one of the leading marine wholesale Brokers in-house based in London - This will give you a competitive advantage over your competitors
- Based in a 5 person team, due to succession planning this opportunity could move into a leadership role in future
- Business available to inherit, whereby you can be engrained into a network from day 1. Opportunity to cross-sell and generate referrals from an existing account
We are interested in talking to Vice Presidents within cargo and marine hull (Brown and Blue Water), who are interested in joining one of the most exciting brands in the US marine broking market right now, plus opportunity to increase your earnings and receive better broking support.
Next steps… simply get in touch today either by submitting your resume or giving IDEX Consulting a call. No CV? No problem, we can help create you a profile if it is something you would like to explore further.