- Posted 10 May 2023
- Salary£50000 - £60000 per annum
- Job type Flexible / Work From Home
- DisciplineGeneral Insurance
Medical Malpractice Claims Examiner
A Lloyds specialist is looking for a Claims Examiner to join the business to handle a caseload of Medical Malpractice Claims.
The role will involve the following;
- At all times adhere to and act in accordance with Company Policies, Procedures, Manuals and Claims Handling Authorities (both the individuals Claims Handling Authority as well as the overarching Binder Claims Authorities).
- Conduct review of new notifications including consideration of policy coverage, assessing liability, and quantum and establishing strategy for the case.
- Continue to adjust cases to conclusion and where required, resolve claims through defence or negotiated settlement. Attendance at mediation or other form of ADR may be required.
- Ensure reserves are posted in a timely and accurate manner where required.
- Manage any policy coverage issues, which includes the issuance of Reservation of Rights and/or the declining of cover.
- Instruct and control third party experts (solicitors, technical experts, counsel).
- Ensure that the Claims System case files are updated and that there is effective diary management.
- Assume responsibility for quality control of own files and for ensuring that necessary referrals to Management and Capacity Providers are affected.
- Liaise with the Company Binder Broker, Finance and Compliance teams where appropriate, it order to facilitate claim payments where required.
- Identify issues pertinent to risk selection and management and liaise with Underwriters as appropriate.
- Play a key role in developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Attend broker/client meetings where necessary.
The business prides themselves on delivering a first-class service to their clients. They have a small close-knit team of underwriters, claims handlers and admin support, so it is essential that you enjoy working as part of a team.
You will have the option of working from both home and the office along with an early finish on a Friday.
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have handled MedMal claims in the past, however candidates who have handled Personal Injury or Professional Indemnity claims will also be considered. Both full time and part time candidates will also be considered. Due to the nature of the role, good verbal and written communication skills are essential along with strong attention to detail.
Please get in touch for a confidential chat.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.