We are working exclusively with a progressive IFA business with presence in London and the South East. As a result of continued growth they now require a Paraplanner in the Newcastle office.
Within your role you will be responsible for the preparation and submission of advice pre-approval forms and prepare suitability reports from templates, this is based upon information received from the Wealth Planning Advisers (Meeting Notes, Fact Finds, Risk Profiles etc). They are relied upon for technical guidance by all aspects of the company and work closely with the Compliance Department to ensure that clients receive financial advice which is meets the guidelines set by the Regulator and the Company.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Level 4 diploma qualified - or very close to obtaining
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisation skills
- Confident using Microsoft Office products and the ability to learn new systems and processes
- Good working knowledge / experience of the financial services industry and suitability reports
- Comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of financial products and services
- Ability to write bespoke pieces of advice for more complex cases where templates are not easily applied
- Confident undertaking the research required to assess a piece of advice, including the preparation of tax calculations (e.g. capital gains tax, inheritance tax, chargeable events on life assurance products)
- Experience of working within defined service standards and procedures with a working knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements, particularly around suitability and delivery of advice
- Good track record in delivering customer satisfaction
- Performance Based Headline Bonus: approx. 8-10% of basic paid in two half-yearly instalments
- Holidays: 25 days per year (plus bank holidays)
- Employer Pension Contribution: 9% of basic salary (no requirement for employee contribution)
- Death In Service: 3 x basic salary
- Income Protection: 75% of basic salary payable after 3 month deferred period (on completion of 6 month probation period - please note this is subject to medical underwriting)
- Flex benefit scheme: Annual allowance of £150 which can be used to purchase additional benefits such as health insurance, critical illness cover, donate to charity, and others (on completion of 6 month probation period)
For more information on this role in Newcastle please click apply!
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.