My client is currently looking for an experienced Paraplanner to join their business in Manchester. The firm is a chartered wealth and financial planning firm.
The successful candidate will prepare written advice and provide technical research services holistically across a broad range of financial products and planning opportunities to a team of Financial Planners. They will be responsible for ensuring that the preparation of advice for clients is of the highest quality.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Prepare suitability reports across a wide range of financial products.
- Ensure all relevant compliance paperwork has been carried out.
- Carry out technical research as part of the existing arrangement review process.
- Maintain core systems ensuring that all tasks are carried out and completed in line with the company policy and procedures.
- Discuss client objectives with the relevant Financial Planner, identifying and obtaining necessary client information in order to prepare the necessary suitability check.
- Deal with client and insurer queries to completion as appropriate.
- Ensure that client queries are appropriately investigated and accurate responses given.
- Accurately and efficiently support the private client/financial planning team to enable the achievement of targets and meet client expectations.
Skills and qualifications:
- Diploma in Financial Planning (DipPFS) or equivalent Level 4 industry qualification.
- Similar experience in a paraplanning role with a desire to further development and to undertake relevant examinations.
- Client focused with a good telephone manner.
- Organisation and prioritisation skills to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and excellent inter-personal skills, both written and verbal.