An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Paraplanner to be based in Edinburgh office for one of the top practices in Scotland.
You will have the chance to work in a close-knit, supportive team and you will be rewarded with a competitive salary alongside a great benefits package.
This role is responsible for the provision of technical support to enable Planners to deliver their role in a technically competent, compliant and efficient way to provide the best possible outcome for the client and to protect the interests of the business.
- Work with the Planner to technically validate advice provided and pro-actively challenge where necessary
- Assist the Planner with research and creation of client suitability reports in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. Ensuring all documentation explains to clients as clearly as possible pros and cons of advice given, and ensuring that all regulatory obligations have been adhered to
- Obtain illustrations, related documentation and forms to support suitability reports
- Preparation of draft annual review letters including re-balancing of portfolios, drawdown reviews, investments, pension transfers, estate planning (IHT), VCTs and EIS etc.
- Prepare client portfolio information and performance data in support of client meetings, visits and presentations, including comparative review documents, pre-review portfolios, update cash-flows, income forecasts
- Liaise with product providers/intermediaries with regard to client's policy issues as required
- Attend client meetings with Planners to continue to broaden knowledge and/or participate in client meetings if required
- Ensure client records and files are kept up to date with telephone, face to face and email discussions with the client and product providers, and that all records are accurately created and recorded within XPLAN
- Provide guidance to the Client Services Administrators with complex cases
Key skills require:
- Proven experience in a comparable paraplanning role gained within an IFA or equivalent environment focused on holistic financial planning for private clients encompassing pensions, investment and protection
- Experienced in the preparation of suitability reports and client letters across a broad range of products and contract types including more complex areas of advice e.g. IHT, investment (including discretionary mandates), pension transfers, protection, VCTs, EIS etc.
- Strong knowledge of research and provider systems
- High standard of competency and knowledge of: CRM system and client reporting, previous experience of XPLAN would be preferable (or a comparable package)
- IT systems and software (Microsoft Word and Excel) including provider websites for processing
You MUST have level 4 diploma qualified.