Executive Director & Regional Manager
We are working with a national client to find a Planning Team Manager will be either a Financial Planner with Paraplanning experience or a Senior Paraplanner, with experience of successfully managing a team.
Reporting to the Head of Advice, you will be responsible for managing a team of paraplanners, financial administrators and financial coaches. You'll play a pivotal role in creating a positive work environment, ensuring there are strong levels of collaboration and cohesion across the paraplanning, financial administration and coaching teams, maximising both individual and collective performance.
You will be responsible for onboarding new team members and managing their induction plans, working with Team Leads and Compliance to arrange training on technical aspects of the role. You will also support the professional development of the team, working with leads in the planning team to develop career pathways for team members.
With oversight of capacity and productivity across the different pods (of financial planners, paraplanners and financial administrators), you will be responsible for allocating work across pods and identifying issues or blockages - escalating any issues to the Head of Advice.
You will also be responsible for signing off month end finance reports and ensuring introducer payments are made on time.
What will your role look like?
- Manage capacity and prioritisation across the pods.
- Provide feedback to Head of Advice on performance of pods
- Identify where there are blockages in onboarding or serving clients, working with the team leads.
- Ensure the paraplanners, administrators and coaches are adhering to our advice and compliance processes, working collaboratively with compliance.
- Ensure the team's knowledge base is kept up to date.
- People management responsibilities for paraplanners, financial administrators and financial coaches, ensuring our clients receive high quality guidance and advice services.
- Manage weekly planning team meeting, ensuring actions are followed.
- Coordination across planning and support teams
- Work with Lead Chartered Financial Planner and Compliance to identify any training needs in the team, ensuring training and competence requirements are met, as well as defining and managing career pathways.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards the business, processes, and governance.
- Check and close month end reports prepared by admin.
- Responsible for ensuring all introducer payments are made on time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum RQF level 4 qualified or equivalent.
- Experience of effectively managing a financial planning team.
- The capability to explain complex information simply and clearly.
- Possess negotiation and influencing skills as well as determination and tenacity.
- A good level of numeracy and IT skills.
- Good working knowledge of Intelligent Office / Intelliflo is preferred (but not essential).
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- An ethical and professional approach to work.
- Focussed on excellent client service and outcomes.
- Tenacity and drive.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and listening skills.
- Apply discretion and an understanding of the need for client confidentiality.
- A team player, supportive of colleagues, and helping others develop their careers.
- Self-motivation, organisation, and being able to prioritise effectively.
- A flexible approach to work.
We have an engrained commitment to the development of our employees as outlined in our iDeal. Our working environment is refreshing and innovative where independent thinking is encouraged. Every employee genuinely makes a difference.
We're committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment and will take every step to ensure our employees and clients are treated fairly and with respect. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and sections of the community. We can offer flexible working and are happy to consider a variety of working patterns.
In return you will be rewarded with an excellent salary and bonus potential.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.