We are looking for a diligent accounting professional who can provide a reliable, high standard of pension fund accounting services to our portfolio of clients. You will have solid accountancy experience with the capability to be trained in completing compliant statutory annual financial statements for occupational pension schemes, and the treasury/financial management of trustee bank accounts for occupational pension schemes.
About the Role
Our client has experienced strong growth over the last two years and have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Pension Fund Accountant.
- Prepare compliant annual reports and financial statements to ensure they are in compliance with the SORP, Financial Reports of Pension Schemes and other appropriate legislation
- Prepare completion statements, provide bank statements and ledgers for schemes transferring to the Pension Protection Fund (PPF) within the required time scales
- Liaise with the pension scheme's auditors in the production of the financial statements, planning the audit timetable, answering audit queries etc.
- Arrange for signing of the scheme annual report and financial statements
- Provide monthly balances or quarterly fee and VAT reconciliations for specific clients in addition to providing actuaries with trial balances/ledgers amongst other relevant information for FRS102/IAS19 accounting standards reports as required
- Participate in AAF and ISO audits to effectively demonstrate compliance with our processes and commitment to quality assurance standards
- Complete various HMRC returns including scheme returns, AFT and tax returns within agreed timescales and to high standards of accuracy and quality
- Oversee contributions monitoring to ensure contributions from employers are properly paid, recorded and accounted for
- Reconcile contributions to external pension providers as appropriate and in line with the Schedule of Contributions
What we are looking for
- Experience in an Accounting / Auditing within the Pensions space
- Excellent knowledge of computerised systems e.g. Microsoft Office/Windows applications, especially in Excel
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Book-keeping and general ledger experience with a basic financial awareness of accounting procedures including budgeting and cash-flow management
- An awareness of the SORP, Financial Reports of Pension Schemes and pensions legislation
- Knowledge of day to day payroll procedures including processing monthly payrolls and making accurate payments via BACS, submitting files for RTI by deadlines and year end payroll returns
- An understanding of how to deliver to internal controls and business processes
- Degree, 2.1 or above in a relevant discipline
- Evidence of qualifications with a strong numeracy content
- ACCA Qualifications or working towards other relevant qualifications
Desirable Key Competencies & Knowledge
- Awareness of the Pension Protection Fund (PPF)
- Awareness of The Pensions Regulator, and control objectives of AAF 02/07 and AAF 01/06
- Experience of Sage payroll packages
- Working knowledge of Xero
- Sage 50 Payroll Professional or equivalent
What to do next
If this role seems like a prefect fit for you, then please reach out to Gary Stuart to discuss further. Click 'apply' and provide your up-to-date CV to set up a discussion around he role, the duties, the client and the benefits.