- Posted 09 May 2022
- Salary£40000 - £50000 per annum
- DisciplineFinancial Services
My client is currently looking for a Portfolio Manager to join their investment business in Leeds.
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for asset allocation, investment performance, risk, and portfolio implementation for client portfolios.
The main responsibilities of this role are to ensure client portfolios are aligned to the company's investment process, act as the interface between the investment team and investment committee, and provide direction for the team's investment decisions.
Main duties of the role of as follows:
- Participate and actively engage in the performance management process to attain and maintain competence within your role.
- Comply with applicable rules and regulations as stated by the regulator and set out in our internal policies.
- To support the team in reaching overall budget and individual team and company targets.
- Assist the asset allocation committee in developing 'global asset allocation guidance portfolios' appropriate to each client's risk profile and investment objectives.
- Ensure up to date knowledge of the macro and micro economic climate and the possible effects on the risk and return of the assets that the firm invests in.
- Assist the investment committee in the development of its investment proposition through the buylist/asset allocation and also innovation in polices, controls and approach.
- To construct, implement and monitor client's portfolio ensuring that the investment falls in line with company policy, BITA risk tolerance, asset allocation recommendation and tolerances.
- To have regular contact with clients and PAs, where relevant, and work with the Investment Manager in the winning of new business, where required.
- Maintain existing client and adviser relationships, including new business from those advisers, where beneficial to the client and the firm.
- Maintain close relationships with segment leaders, investment platforms and product specialists to ensure any client insights or market intelligence can be fed back for potential product development or service opportunities.
- To contribute to an effective and positive risk management culture at the firm, taking responsibility for identifying, escalating and mitigating risks.
- Ensure portfolios are consistent for clients and follow the specified investment profile.
Skills required to undertake the role:
- Level 4 qualified and working towards level 6.
- Current and historical Statement of Professional Standards
- In depth knowledge in all aspects of portfolio construction including risk and attribution management
- In depth broad investment product knowledge
- Ability to understand and assimilate complex investment information
- Ability to engage diverse clients, fund managers and product providers to drive the effort in winning business
- Exceptional oral, written and presentation skills