We've been retained for a search on behalf of a global law firm who have recently appointed a heavyweight global head to launch a regulatory consulting practice as part of the firms wider offering - the team advise the law firms regulated clients (PRA / FCA) clients globally in all thematic areas.
The practice has ambitious growth plans in major hubs such as London, New York, Singapore, Dubai and Sydney however have an immediate need to hire experience Senior Manager to join their Regulatory Consulting Team in London.
The team is dynamic and at an early stage of development, allowing the role holder the opportunity to gain exposure to a vast and varied range of work and to be a shaping presence in the development of this 'young' business, which was established in 2019.
Reporting to the Partner of the function this is a key management role where the role holder will be responsible for leading and managing the day-to-day delivery of multiple client assignments and specialist project teams. The role holder will also support business development activity in accordance with designated aspects of the annual business plan as set out and agreed each year with the Director and Partners, as part of the function's longer term strategy. The role holder is also responsible for the development of more junior members of the team.
- Solid practical experience gained within a similar regulatory role within the financial services / consultancy environment with a proven track record of success both in terms of financial results and client service
- An understanding and experience of advising into the world of insurance and brokers
- The ability to build effective professional relationships both with external clients and internal colleagues
- Professionally qualified in regulation to Level 4 or equivalent or commensurate with professional experience
- Excellent grasp of the FCA Handbook and the current regulatory issues and opportunities faced by FCA-regulated firms relative to their regulatory and sub-sector experience. In particular, a strong understanding and experience of EU and UK financial services legislation
- Significant experience of managing projects and assigned project teams
- Formal Project Management experience would also be desirable
- Extensive experience of mentoring, coaching and developing team members