- Posted 13 March 2023
- Salary£40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus + flex working from home
- Job type Flexible / Work From Home
- DisciplineGeneral Insurance
Business Manager - Commercial & Marine Insurance
Senior Marine Cargo Underwriter
Your marine expertise is specifically on the Marine Cargo and Freight Liability side.
You wish to join a business who provide autonomy, put their people's careers first and have a track record of offering promotions.
An opportunity to underwrite larger, more complex business, freedom to get out in front of your Brokers to forge stronger, long-term relationships. This will excite you, a chance to move away from looking after transactional relationships, and low-level SME sized Marine business.
This is your opportunity to step up and move into a Senior Underwriter role in Manchester.
Joining this highly reputable, exciting and superb Marine Insurer you will step into a Senior Underwriting position whereby you'll underwrite existing renewal business, attend Broker client meetings whilst mentoring the more up and coming individuals in the team
No one has left the business, the role is only available because they have just promoted their Senior Underwriter into a different team - A genuinely nice story to be told here, meaning this will suit if you are keen to join a career progressive business.
We digress, you'll have the autonomy to underwrite a broad range of mid to complex risks within a Marine Cargo, Logistics and Transportation book of business.
As a key, integral part of the team in Manchester you'll utilise underwriting policies and guidelines, rating manual rules and insurance laws and regulations whilst finding creative solutions.
What's on offer?
- A salary up £55,000 is on offer + bonus
- Financial well-being benefits which include Electric Car Scheme, Income Protection, Pension, Life Assurance
- Physical and Leisure well-being benefits which include gym discounts, dental benefits, employee-assistance programme, private medical insurance and health-care cash plan, travel insurance and restaurant discount card
- Buy additional holiday
- Flexibility working from home
What do you have to offer?
- You'll have a background as a Marine Underwriter, ideally with some Cargo and Freight Liability experience
- If you have a strong track record as a Package / Commercial Combined Underwriter with an interest in moving into Marine Cargo, we will be able to consider your application
- You'll be keen to continue developing your Marine knowledge and be given the opportunity to deal with larger, more lucrative risks
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity for a Marine Underwriter who feels stuck within their current Insurer/Lloyds Insurer/MGA and wishes for more responsibility in their role.
Get in touch today for more info, we look forward to hearing from you. If you have a CV great, if not no problem we can support you with that!
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.