My client is a well-established firm of chartered financial planners in the Stockport area. They are currently looking for an experienced Senior Paraplanner to join them.
The role is to support the Financial Planners in providing, implementing and reviewing strategies and advice to private and corporate clients. This will include monitoring and reporting to clients in respect of various types of financial products. There will be additional responsibilities to provide technical and compliance support to other areas of the business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting Consultants in preparing accurate financial plans and suitability reports
- Supporting the Consultants in research and analysis to meet client needs and objectives
- Have a full understanding of Holistic Financial planning and be comfortable querying consultants
- Have experience of dealing with all aspects of advice, such as Inheritance Tax Planning, Trusts, Bonds and higher risk investment such as EIS/VCT/BPR
- To provide support, where needed, to the Head of Risk and Compliance
- Developing and maintaining internal relationships with various areas of the business to meet agreed targets
- Continuous professional development to meet regulatory requirements and personal development needs
- Managing individual work-flow and delivery
- Ensuring that any business conducted is done in a responsible and compliant manner, meeting all legislative requirements, both internally and externally
- To provide technical guidance to the Client Services Team (CST), assisting with product specific, technical and compliance-based queries. Working with CST to ensure advice is implemented accurately and compliantly
Experience, skills qualifications
- Excellent understanding of the financial planning process
- Good report writing skills
- Proficient IT skills. This should include knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience working in a paraplanning role
- Achieved professional qualifications to at least Level 4 (CII Diploma in Financial Planning)
- Ideally Chartered with the CII or well on your way to achieving this
Their hours are 37.5 a week with 2 days in the office, 3 days at home but there is the option to come in 5 days.
For more information please contact Graeme Hyland on 07896 933622 or email Graeme.email@example.com