- To assist with the administration of schemes entering the Pension Protection Fund (PPF) and be responsible for the day-to-day administration services provided to own portfolio of PPF clients.
- The PPF administration team provides specialist administration and defined benefits pension consultancy services to pension scheme trustees, the Pension Protection Fund and other third parties. The role involves working with colleagues in the business, the PPF, independent trustees and other third parties.
- The PPF Administration team help schemes with insolvent employers through the PPF assessment period, making sure that members of these schemes get correct benefits and the best possible outcome, whether that is transfer to the PPF or buyout with an insurance company.
- To be main point of contact for allocated PPF clients and responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day administration services are provided to a high standard
- Provide constructive feedback for others in order to improve their understanding and knowledge. Help support development with coaching and training.
- Support effective team working and encourage the team to look for efficiencies
- Check the work of other team members
- Ensure that complaints or concerns are dealt with correctly and raised with the appropriate parties
- Build strong effective client and team relationships including PPF, Trustees and Consultants
- To attend PPF, Trustee meetings and other meetings as required
- Actively keep the PPF Consultants responsible for each client informed of relevant matters arising and developments affecting their clients, particularly any actual/potential problems (and also the PPF Managers and PPF Director).
- Help manage projects to ensure all service level agreements and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are met for PPF clients
- Work with the Team Leaders and Managers to ensure the workflow system is kept up to date
- Work with the Team Leaders and Managers to ensure daily target dates and prioritise team workloads to ensure agreed service levels are met
- Ensure that all clients are billed within the time limits agreed with the PPF Managers, PPF Consultants and PPF Director.
- Assist with the drafting and reviewing of the team's PPF project plans and budgets
- To ensure all standard documents for PPF clients are used and reviewed regularly
- Have a working knowledge of GMP and be willing to help the GMPe team as required
- Promote the Business Values
- Any other reasonable task as advised from time to time
Technical Knowledge and Key Skills
- Provide excellent customer service to clients and build strong client relationships
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience of supervising and mentoring staff
- Good understanding of current pensions legislation
- Ability to work on own as well as a member of a team
- Able to delegate work in a fair and considered way
- Analytically and numerically able to analyse, evaluate and interpret data
- To have good time management skills, to be task orientated and organised with the ability to multi-task and to work under pressure.
- To remain calm and collect in times of crisis (both real and perceived)
- To use initiative and be a good problem solver with ability to generate practical solutions
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent
- Experience carrying out a similar role with a Third-Party Administrators or In-house occupational pension scheme
- Studying towards or completion of CPC exams and Advanced Diploma in Retirement Provision (APMI)
- Previous or some working knowledge of PPF processes an advantage but not necessary (full training will be provided)
- Adhere to all relevant laws and regulations, and policies and procedures
- Achieve a good standard of ethical behaviour i.e. do the right thing at all times
- Maintain necessary coaching and assessment skills