We are looking for an experienced Senior Risk and Best Practice Manager to join a leading & growing law firm and will report into the Director of Risk and Best Practice. Ensuring that the firm and fee earners adhere to the relevant legislation and SRA Rules.
The role will include management of the firm's risk and compliance arrangements, including its policies and procedures, and provide advice on compliance and regulatory matters to partners and staff.
You will manage others in the team and have experience of managing and coaching others.
You will have excellent technical knowledge of the core compliance subjects relevant to a law firm, including the SRA Standards and Regulations, data protection and anti-money laundering.
Hybrid working model with 2 days office based. The ideal candidate should be able to access Bath / Oxford / Swindon locations. This is NOT a London based role.
- Assisting the Director of Risk and Best Practice with promoting and embedding a culture of compliance across the firm and ensure everyone is aware of their risk and compliance responsibilities. Developing key stakeholder relationships across the business
- Supervision and line management of other members of the Risk and Best Practice Team, including the Anti-money Laundering and Client and Matter Inception Manager. Provide coaching and training to other members of the team
- On behalf of the MLRO/MLCO, management of AML compliance framework (AML policies and procedures; firm-wide risk assessment; high risk jurisdictions lists, AML training, staff screening; sanctions monitoring and communications; etc)
- Assisting the MLRO with investigating higher risk matters and suspicions of money laundering, making reports to the NCA on behalf of the MLRO where required
- Managing complex day-to-day compliance queries arising out of the business and including those escalated by the AML/CMI manager and general SRA Standards and Regulations
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.