- Posted 07 June 2022
- Salary£45000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus
- Job type Flexible / Work From Home
- DisciplineGeneral Insurance
Business Director - Marine/Transportation
A unique, interesting Senior Product Development and Underwriting opportunity in Yorkshire, flexible working on offer and chance to get involved in heading up underwriting performance, new product development and coaching of other Underwriters.
These opportunities don't come up often.
Product development and/or commercial underwriting is what you do, you've dealt with many lines of commercial business for many different Insurers/MGAs.
You feel it's time for a new opportunity but to do something different whereby you can still use your underwriting skills but in a different capacity...perhaps to move away from the relationship management side of underwriting into product development, coaching and spearheading the underwriting performance for the region.
Are you naturally analytical by nature (You're partial to a spreadsheet!), you enjoy coaching/developing others and you have an interest in developing a career within the product performance side of underwriting?
One of the fastest growing commercial MGA's within the UK insurance market have a unique opportunity to join their team as an Underwriting and Product Performance Manager.
This is a great new chapter for this business for an experienced Commercial Underwriter or Underwriting Manager keen to utilise their skills in a different capacity.
As an integral part of the senior underwriting team you'll oversee and report on underwriting performance and delivery of binder plans, capacity management and placement.
The bread and butter this particular business underwrites is within Commercial Combined, Property, Liability and Construction. You'll work with the business as they launch new commercial products (such as Marine, Marine Cargo) on to Acturis.
You'll translate underwriting guides into fully-fledged products, whilst coaching and developing up and coming Underwriters in the business (Help get your colleagues through their licenses)
Another key part of the role is to report and monitor of individual binder loss ratios and any remediation plans.
Based from home, you will be expected to visit their offices in Knaresborough in Yorkshire a handful of times a month.
This role would really suit an experienced Commercial Underwriter or Underwriting Manager, with strong expertise within Commercial Combined/Package, Property and Liability. An individual with strong numeracy and analytical skills and an eye for detail would be fantastic.
So what's unique about working here?
- Exceptional name in the UK Insurance market, part of a larger group which will naturally create further opportunities for you progress into leadership or other senior specific roles
- Fun, collaborative environment working with really great people who get on inside and outside of work - Your new colleagues enjoy a bit of downtime together each month, whether that's going for a few drinks or a meal at a restaurant.
- You'll be trusted, respected and be given full trust to work from home (You would need to be based in the Yorkshire office a handful of times a month).
- On offer is a salary up to £50,000 which includes home working flexibility + bonus potential
As there will be an expectation to work in their lovely offices in Yorkshire a handful of times a month, it'd be great if you were based in the North or the Midlands.
This really is a unique, home-based opportunity for an Underwriter keen for a different type of challenge. If intrigued to find out more, simply enquire today or send across a copy of your CV (No problem if you don't have one typed out as yet)
We also have a brochure to send over that will provide you with even more information to consider.