Are you you an experienced Underwriter who is looking for a new challenge or an Underwriter who feels they are undervalued and want to work for an insurer who cares and develops their staff?
You will be allinged to be aligned to a portfolio of brokers/customers to proactively develop and profitably grow their commercial book of business! In this role, you will be responsible for operating within agreed guidelines and authority levels to profitably grow the book of business, dealing end to end with brokers/customers. You will also be an active mobile underwriter and work effectively and professionally wherever you are located, whilst collaborating with the team and supporting both lead trading underwriters and underwriting leaders in delivering financials.
Skills and experience we're looking for:
- Experienced in insurance and commercial underwriting, experience of property, motor and/or liability is desirable.
- Analysis of risks and ability to communicate and present effectively to brokers and/or customers.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a large, complex organisation.
- Familiar with applying underwriting knowledge to effectively improve processes/procedures, whilst being responsible for own underwriting caseloads within a regulatory environment.
- Excellent business development/customer engagement skills in order to influence key contacts in the marketplace.