Do you have experience dealing with Disease Claims?!
We have a role for a Disease Claims Adjuster to join a well-established insurance organisation. The main duties of the role will include;
- Dealing with a case load of approximately 300 disease claims through to settlement.
- Update claims file by accurately capturing and updating claims data/information in compliance with best practices reflecting the highest degree of technical complexity and exposure.
- Use judgement to determine liability by gathering and analysing relevant facts, utilising applicable law and establishing basic principles of negligence/breach of duty.
- Ensure a timely resolution to claims by developing case strategy, developing a case evaluation, and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Establish timely reserves and perform ongoing review throughout claims cycle within authority limit by estimating and validating value of claims.
- Assess damages by calculating applicable damages or range of damages allowed by law.
- Negotiate settlement of claim by establishing appropriate negotiation strategy and utilising available tools and resources within your own authority limits, or within the referral structure for claims above your authority.
- Having a pro-active approach to claims management and early settlement of claims to minimise life cycle of claims and liability to solicitors' costs.
The successful applicant must have previous experience handling disease claims from start to finish. Candidates from both an insurer / legal background will be considered. You must enjoy working part of a team and providing a first-class service to your clients.
Hybrid working is available along with a competitive salary plus company benefits!
Please get in touch for a confidential chat today!
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.