Business Director - Insurance
About the Role:
- Establish new and develop existing deep and long-lasting strategic relationships with key FTSE 250 clients while serving as their primary contact within the organisation.
- Expand relationships into new products and additional coverages with both existing and potential clients to grow the business in alignment with established targets.
- Provide innovative solutions and solve complex problems for technically demanding clients.
- Foster relationships externally with Clients and the key people within their organisations.
- Develop relationships internally with Underwriters, Claims teams and Risk Engineers to provide clients with coverage solutions and services needed to achieve their business goals.
- Act as advocate and voice for designated clients within the company to guide clients seamlessly across the organisation.
- Plan and execute relationship growth strategies to effectively generate new business with existing and potential clients while meeting profitability targets.
- Design, implement and manage complex account servicing plans that are consistent with client's overall strategy.
- Clearly understand both the underwriting appetite and business strategy of all facets of the company: articulate and support it in the marketplace.
- Contribute to the Client Management strategy and development roadmap.
- Proactively identify and satisfy client needs through regular ongoing high touch communication and delivery of market insights and thought leadership.
- Foster strong relationships with Brokers in partnership with the Broker Management team and Underwriting organisation.
- Partner with business leaders and the Underwriting organisation to keep communication channels open and ensure internal alignment while keeping the organisation informed of areas of concern and/or opportunity (e.g., new areas for product development/innovation)
- Help to support professional body memberships to ensure maximum return on investment and positive external brand.
- Ensure client engagement is captured on Salesforce and relevant management reporting tools.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent, plus a proven track record of dealing successfully with Risk Managers and their advisors.
- Knowledge across a broad range of Property & Casualty and Specialty products including Energy and Construction.
- Experience in analysing and evaluating operational risk including emerging risk, a working knowledge of conventional risk transfer product solutions, captives, risk retention groups and alternative risk transfer mechanics.
- Deep understanding of risk selection, policy language, pricing models, contract structure and reinsurance.
- Strong proven relationships within the senior leadership at brokerages and/or insurance buyers.
- Ability to engage at a technical level with Senior Leadership at FTSE 250 entities and understand and converse openly on financial statements and operating model of the business.
- Experience working with global markets and awareness of requirements in international markets (e.g., Local Admitted Policies).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with focus on collaboration.
- Able to understand complex problems and the skill to simplify, break down and deliver solutions.
- Excellent judgement in recommending potential courses of action.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Some business travel required.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.