Head of Head of Risk and Compliance Wholesale and Operations
- A member of the risk and compliance leadership team, supporting the Group Risk and Compliance Director in:
- Providing expert advice to the Wholesale Division Executive Committee and leadership team on all regulatory matters.
- Supporting the Wholesale Division Executive Committee in ensuring that key business risks are managed effectively and to within tolerance through Risk reporting to both the Group and Division Executive Committee
- Leader for R&C operations, ensuring all internal and external reporting requirements are delivered by the team on time and to a suitable quality, and that appropriate scheduling and review is in place where internal contributions are required.
Main duties and accountabilities
- Member of the risk and compliance leadership team responsible for providing expert advice and guidance on wholesale matters
- Attendee at the Wholesale Executive Committee, preparation and presentation of the monthly R&C report
- Support the Risk & Compliance Monitoring Framework, identifying areas for review, ,and supporting the Head of Compliance Monitoring in recommending appropriate actions for mitigation where required.
- Ensuring all internal and external reporting requirements are delivered by the team on time and to a suitable quality, and that appropriate scheduling and review is in place where internal contributions are required including updates to the risk registers/risk reporting provided by the R&C Heads of the Retail and Franchise Divisions
- Oversight of the key control framework for compliance operations, including scheduling of control reviews.
- Provide regular reports, including a summary of review results, identification of themes and commentary on progress of actions for the Executive Committee/Group Risk Committee, as appropriate.
Competencies and qualifications
- Extensive experience of working in a general insurance wholesale risk and compliance function
- Deep knowledge of compliance in a Lloyds/London Market environment (including operation of TOBAs, binders, Bordereaux, etc.)
- Team management experience preferred.
- Wider experience in insurance broking or MGAs an advantage.
- Strong knowledge and experience of the UK wholesale insurance market.
- Knowledge and experience of a broking environment.
- Knowledge of the MGA environment.
- Strong knowledge and experience of UK regulatory requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including report writing.
- The ability to gather information, diagnose it and identify issues and solutions.
- Ability to see more than one solution to a problem and to identify the best option for the business.
- The ability to work constructively with colleagues and team members.
- Computer literate, strong Excel and MS Word skills.
- Ability to use business analytics tools.
- Strong analytical skills
- Personal drive, motivation and enthusiasm to make a positive difference to the business
- Knowledge of products, systems, the market, legal and regulatory requirements necessary to fully undertake the role
- Strong ability to gather information, diagnose it and identify solutions, demonstrating flexible thinking by challenging the present and being prepared to consider different approaches and perspectives.
- Strong ability to work constructively with colleagues.
- Demonstrates ongoing commitment to providing first class service to customers, demonstrates appropriate market awareness and adherence to regulatory requirements.