Head of Legal - Scotland
Our client is a leading independent pensions, benefits, and investment consultancy firm. The organisation provides advice and innovative solutions to a wide range of clients, including financial institutions, corporations, public sector organisations, and individuals and is now seen as a trusted partner in the financial services industry.
We are seeking an experienced In-House Legal Counsel to join the team on a fixed term contract basis. You will provide general support and expert legal advice and guidance on a variety of commercial matters and play a key role in supporting business operations.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, including master service agreements, client agreements, tender documents, NDAs, supplier agreements, data, and licensing agreements.
- Conducting legal research and analysis to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Advising internal stakeholders on legal risks, contractual obligations, and potential business impacts.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure contract terms are in line with business objectives and requirements.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of legal policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Keeping abreast of legal developments and industry trends and advising the business accordingly.
- Providing general legal support as needed across various areas of law, including data protection, intellectual property, and regulatory compliance.
You will be and have:
- Qualified solicitor of 3 years of post-qualification experience in commercial contracts.
- Strong knowledge of contract law and commercial legal principles.
- Previous experience of working in a FCA regulated environment.
- Proven experience in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with internal stakeholders and external partners.
- The ability to work independently and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and the ability to balance legal risks with business objectives.
- Experience in the financial services or professional services industry (highly desirable, not essential).
- In-depth knowledge of data protection regulations (e.g., GDPR) and intellectual property law is advantageous.
If you are a talented legal professional with a passion for commercial contracts and are seeking an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of a leading consultancy firm, I would be keen to hear from you.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.