Medical Malpractice Underwriter - London
Package: £50,000 - £80,000 + discretionary bonus, non-contributory pension, DIS, PMI, CIC, GIP and support with CII studies etc.
A London based specialist Lloyd's Coverholder and MGA is looking to bolster their underwriting team with a Med Mal Underwriter or a PI Underwriter looking to cross-train.
- The business has been trading for a number of years and are well established in their niche class.
- They pride themselves on delivering best in class policy wordings and service. They perform regular reviews in order to continuously improve their products using in-house expertise as well as specialist external resource.
- They have a small close-knit team of underwriters, claims handlers and admin support.
- Working from home options (up to two days a week) available where appropriate and an early finish on a Friday.
- They primarily focus on writing UK Corporate and Practitioner Med Mal risk (tending to be at the more complex end of the spectrum) although there is an element of international risk as well.
- They have a track record of delivering profitable margins to their Capacity Providers.
- The role will involve management of renewals, MTAs and Broker relationships as well as developing new business opportunities.
- The main focus would be on UK risks, but there is also potential to write some international business as well.
- Broker and client meetings will form part of the role and the underwriter will be expected to build an in-depth knowledge of the products and underwriting appetite.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an Med Mal underwriter who has focused mainly on corporate Med Mal risk. However, due to the synergies, applicants will also be considered from a Med Mal broking background or Professional Indemnity underwriting background, (providing they can demonstrate a genuine interest in Med Mal).
Due to the nature of the role, the candidate will also need:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail that this complex class requires.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to operate under pressure.
- A willingness to learn.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- To be a team player.
- Knowledge of the London Market processes.
If you would like to become part of an entrepreneurial growing business, please get in touch for a confidential conversation.