- Posted 15 March 2023
- Salary£50000.00 - £100000.00 per annum + excellent rewards!
- LocationCity of London
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineGeneral Insurance
City of London
£50,000 - £100,000 (negotiable)
An entrepreneurial and forward-thinking insurance business is looking to attract a like-minded individual to their London team as a Professional Indemnity Underwriter. This nimble business has very generous share options and a strong pension on offer, alongside PMI, life assurance and a discretionary bonus.
The company provide onshore, offshore and EU solutions to Brokers including Financial Institutions, Professional Indemnity, D&O, Crime, Cyber and Terrorism insurance. They also have access to a wide distribution network. Service is paramount and they really pride themselves on timely and personal interactions with Brokers. The PI book is a mixture of Miscellaneous PI, Surveyors, Accountants, Tech, Media and D&C business.
- Supporting the Head of PI on specific accounts.
- Building relationships with new Brokers in order to increase business, which will involve attending Broker/ market events such as conferences.
- Participating in the execution of the marketing plan.
- Helping mould wordings when appropriate.
- They can also consider candidates at Senior Underwriter level, providing they can bring useful Broker connections.
The Desired Underwriter Profile
- Solid underwriting experience in underwriting Professional Indemnity insurance (ideally in the professions listed above).
- Confident and polished in meetings.
- Some experience of shaping wordings.
- There is appetite to build out the EU market in the future and possibly the US further down the line, so some international experience would be advantageous.
- A degree (or equivalent) and insurance qualifications.
- A proactive, tenacious attitude.
- A creative flair for marketing!
Please get in touch for a confidential chat to hear the full story behind the business and the rewards on offer.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.