About this opportunity:
As a Product Manager within Everyday Banking Payments, you'll be responsible for product, proposition, and commercial management of payments for our Personal Current Accounts, ensuring that our products and services meet the changing needs of our customers.
This is a rare opportunity well-suited to a colleague with experience in product management to join our Travel, FX and Debit Card Issuance team, part of Everyday Banking Payments.
Here in our Payments team we sit within Everyday Banking Payments and are responsible for leading the FX and Travel payments products, developing propositions and initiatives and delivering commercial objectives. In addition, we handle product financials and analysis, relationships with key external partners, lead risk, and oversee marketing and digital activity for our products.
In this role you'll be responsible for ensuring the ongoing success of our FX and Travel payments products through delivering product propositions and improvements, in response to strategic and regulatory drivers.
As well as developing great propositions for our customers, you'll also need to take into account the strategic, commercial, market and regulatory context. This will involve handling recommendations through governance approvals and their end to end delivery. This requires excellent communication and customer leadership skills, to influence across a range of functional fields and achieve effective solutions quickly and clearly. Set and deliver innovative and leading positions for LBG in the evolving payments landscape. Have a good understanding of retail products and trends.
- Lead product financials and analysis. Handle risk successfully, taking calculated risks and implementing appropriate mitigation strategies
- Influence customers and build strong constructive partner relationships to achieve strategic plans
- Hold relationships with external partners and maintains relationships successfully
- Continuous understanding and monitoring of external markets and competitors
- Build compelling narratives and influencing plans using a range of communication mediums (briefings, presentations, reports)
- Lead marketing and digital marketing activities, working with cross functional teams to deliver
- Influence and partner with platform teams on customer journey designs and plans
What you'll need:
- Experience within Consumer/ Retail Banking within a business facing role.
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable analysing customer data (in Excel) to understand trends and patterns for proposition development
- Strong communication and presentation skills, which is evidenced through presentations to a senior/ executive audience through written and verbal methods, with a high attention to detail
- Risk management and governance experience within a Bank environment with an awareness of regulatory and policy requirements
- Planning and problem solving with a record of solving business problems and seeing through to delivery
- Influencing and relationship management skills - working with key stakeholders across the business to drive forward propositions and delivery
- A background in Consumer/ Retail Payments or Personal Current Account Product Management
- Knowledge of Consumer/ Retail FX Payments including pricing expertise to different customer cohorts
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.