We are working exclusively with a new business serving wealth planning needs for Mass Affluent and Affluent clients. It is jointly owned by one of the large banking groups, bringing together the inherent strengths across both organisations to deliver on the ambition to give more advise to more clients. Our focus is on the personal relationships we develop with our clients, underpinned by our multi-channel customer reach and our global investment expertise.
As one of the most exciting companies in Financial Services in the UK we have a career opportunity for a self-motivated and commercially minded Associate Adviser with a can-do attitude who is looking to build a career within Financial Planning
Alongside New Client Personal Wealth Advisers the Associate Advisor will manage client introductions from across a number of channels including from referrals from Group, identifying and addressing clients financial and acting in the client's best interest at all times.
You're there to ensure we meet the needs of our clients, so most of your time will be spent alongside Personal Wealth Advisers talking to new and existing clients, providing financial advice to review and meet their immediate and ongoing financial goals. You'll have a dedicated area to support, and you'll help manage a designated portfolio of introductions within the region, writing reports and acting as an introducer for additional advice when required.
As you gain experience in the role you will have the opportunity to learn new skills which builds on your existing knowledge enabling you to progress to a Personal Wealth Adviser.
We're looking for energetic professional people who are excited by the difference they can make.
What you'll be doing
- You will seek to understand clients needs, aspirations and concerns to ensure they are provided with the right type of personalised support or service
- You will explain the Financial Advice process and the service proposition which is offered by our team and be able to understand how best we can help new and existing clients
- You're there to ensure we meet the needs of our clients. So, most of your time will be spent talking to new clients and providing holistic advice
- You'll be meeting new clients face to face and over the phone/video, conducting meetings and providing holistic financial advice to review and meet their immediate and ongoing financial needs
- You'll work with a small group of advisers focusing on a specific geographic area which will include a group of LBG branches who have mandate to work with you to provide quality introductions
- You will be supported by PWA's to build your practical advice and client skills
- The role will require you to be able to work in a fast paced environment and have the disposition to adopt and adapt to change quickly
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- REQUIRED CII Level 4 Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience, preferably in financial services
- Strong understanding of financial services & wealth planning and advice business
- Evidence of providing a high standard of service to clients
- Proactively identify solutions to problems which meet client & business needs
- Ability to handle difficult conversations, evidence strong questioning techniques and objection handling skills
Your Key Qualities:
The successful candidate will be open and welcoming to change, have exceptional problem solving skills, and have an ability to stay focused in times of uncertainty.
This is a highly collaborative role interacting with advisers and clients across the regional business teams, which will demand clear and effective communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build new and maintain existing relationships is key. The Associate Adviser needs to be able to influence and command the respect of individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and the role requires outstanding levels of dedication and work ethic so you must be highly organised, meticulous and detail-oriented.
Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
Ability to perform under pressure and juggle competing priorities.
Excellent customer care skills.
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Ability to prioritise effectively.
Outstanding levels of dedication and work ethic; happy to get stuck into the 'doing' while maintaining a broad view of affairs across the business.
The desire and ambition to build a career within Financial Planning.