Business Director - Insurance
Working for a leading insurance carrier, reporting to the Head of Insurance Risk Oversight, you will be responsible for contributing to the risk management function of the team. This will include:
- Supporting the risk management team and legal entity Head of Risk, in defining and implementing a comprehensive risk strategy for the company
- Contribute to the definition and delivering the annual risk plan including identification of key areas of insurance risk for thematic reviews
- Contribute to and/or lead (as appropriate) technical insurance risk assurance projects, challenging and/or working alongside the business and drawing on external consulting partners where required
- The Senior Insurance Risk Manager will contribute to the mentoring and coaching of less experienced individuals within the risk management function and may be the Line Manager for individual or individuals within the risk management function
- Assist in the oversight and challenge of insurance risk and all contributing parts by utilising knowledge of technical and non-technical underwriting processes and related activities, such as underwriting, pricing, reserving, exposure management etc.
- Conduct independent analysis on market/industry trends and emerging themes to support and challenge forward looking views on insurance risk
Technical skills and knowledge required:
- Relevant professional qualifications and strong academic record
- Experience of underwriting, capital modelling, pricing, reserving, model validation and/or exposure management are highly preferable especially if acquired in a London market setting
- Microsoft Office skills for Excel, Word and PowerPoint essential
- Some experience of PowerBI preferable
- Igloo skills beneficial
Please get in touch for more information.